Monday, June 22, 2009

Adventures in baby sitting

Since I have extra small people this summer (not just my own) I thought I would post about that for a while. Last Week I learned that no matter how you try children will drive you crazy and get dirty. I was forever washing the girls clothes so that they wouldn't go home in a mess then I had the brilliant idea of making some "play clothes"






They are just Pillow case dresses using a pattern I found out there on the internet. Really the patterns are all the same so it doesn't matter which one you use. But I liked these the best:

http://www.everythingsewing.net/pillowcase_dress_how_to.htm

http://www.jenleheny.com/pillowcase-dress-instructions

It took maybe an Hour to do all three dresses, and once the girls had them they wouldn't take them off!! They loved them! They were comfortable, cool and most importantly clean when it was time to go home. I think I'm going to make a dozen or so more, I have some vintage pillow cases that would make great nightgowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment